A Do It Yourself Wedding in New York City For $10,000 Or Less, Is It Possible?
A do-it-yourself (DIY) wedding in New York City sounds like an oxymoron, but it can be achieved. There are various ways of complying with that statement above and all for less than $10, 000. Well, under $10, 000. You can still have very an extravagant wedding, even a good over the top wedding for under $10, 000 AND in New York. Let me show you how it can be done, together with your honeymoon. Now I know you’re convinced that is an impossibility. My husband and am did it and so can you.
It mainly depends on just what it is you want your own fantasy day to say and whether one thing is the most important item or in case you would prefer to have featured several things. For me I wanted the colors of our own wedding to be featured, my gown and the water feature for my husband on the reception. At another time I am going to tell you about my excursions to and from the different locations to secure, just what I wanted regarding my wedding. Right now, I am going to give you the nitty-gritty about what I reaped from my excursions.
What in case you only wanted one thing to be the main featured item? Of course, will not have to be just one thing, it can be a number of, but just so you don’t move crazy, I suggest you choose one to 2 items rather than a whole slew, when you want more than that, don’t go more than five. Most brides start believing they can do it all plus realize within eight to 6 months of the wedding that they can not. A friend’s help comes in very handily, after all your really good friends will have asked you all together what they can do to help. At regarding ten to eight months out of the wedding is the best time to take them on their offers. I did. More regarding me later, though. I have a buddy who did a wedding with a potluck reception at a very famous chapel here in Manhattan and even though it had been phenomenally delicious, to my idea that had not been even the featured item in the girl wedding. I am getting ahead of personally though.
Her wedding had a panel of three women -the task managers- to help her stay inside her budget which was WAY below $10, 000. I believe she plus her new husband paid a maximum of $6000 for their entire wedding, including the reception space in that will very same famous church. They failed to pay for catering which can be quite expensive when it comes to weddings. In fact, the wedding ceremony couple paid nothing for the meals at the reception, so plus the price of the space, If they’d paid for providing it would have run close to the $6000 for their 150 guests. By possessing a potluck, she paid nothing apart from the cost of the hall. The Riverside Church Chapel for me cost $800 (In a previous article, We said $1200, but in fact it was $800 for mine. ) in 2005, but for another buddy of mine last year, she compensated $1500. I got the members’ price, but last year, there was no gear between members and nonmembers, therefore even though she is a member, she needed to pay big bucks.
My friend’s wedding ceremony costs are an approximation, because We didn’t pry that much,.. yet. She is out of the country now, so I cannot ask her at all, but We are judging from her comments in my experience at the time. Forgetting about the cost of hers and her husband wearing clothing which I can tell you he had their own tux in his closet plus her wedding dress was bought from the non-wedding store on sale.
- Since my friend is a singer too, the lady had friends who sang throughout her wedding, that were of course tidak bermodal or gifts. Basically that is a win situation all around. Since you faucet your friends, you tap the sounds you want singing your songs of preference. That’s what I did and each she and her ex-husband did at my and my husband’s wedding ceremony.
- Here’s a big tip nearby want to spend big time cash on your dress, if it’s to be among the featured items, go to a non-wedding shop in search of your gown. Personally I went to Filene’s Basement wedding store, a year before my wedding ceremony and bought a dress for $536 with tax, so it is possible to cover a dress under $3000. But my friend did not go the wedding store route. She went to Paramus Mall to Lord & Taylor. I don’t remember exactly how much the lady paid, but I do know it was nearly half as much as my dress.
- She also did not go with a conventional veil, but went with a tiara alone. For mine, I had each, but did not pay a premium regarding either. I made up my own veil for less than $10 and found the tiara that didn’t look inexpensive at Claire’s Accessories for less than $20. She wore a tiara too. A gold tiara, which expenses no more than a $100.
- For her reception, she had simply no music, we’d had plenty throughout her wedding ceremony. In another content I’ve already told you about utilizing your own Mp3 player and saving a lot of money in that respect. If you are doing want to hire a DJ or even reception host, I suggest you go with a buddy of a friend who is just beginning to spin, but that the friend may vouch for their abilities, if you have not really experienced them for yourself. Remember, anything you do, GET a contract. One that will spells out exactly what you want plus expect them to do at the celebration. That means the songs you anticipate and when. That way, the impresses won’t have anything to do along with dancing. That way both your guests can be happy without much irritation on anyone’s part. New DJ’s can start as low as $75 an hour plus go up from there. If you want a recognised DJ, it could be as much as $125 : $350 an hour. This again as if you want to stay within your budget of $10000. Just remember you will need your DISC JOCKEY for at least four hours, techniques your multiplication from there.
- Transportation: Ah, you can go the traditional path with the white limos, or you can choose black limos, too. Did you understand that the color of the limo may determine the price. White limos tend to be more expensive and if you mention wedding ceremony additional money is added for that big day. Just be glad that you are never going to prom, because that is the limousine’s huge day(s) for money making. Limousines could be anywhere from $500 for a two plus half hour rental to, obviously thousands. To really save money, in case you are friends with a special car organization you could rent or borrow the particular owners’ cars. Or now using the Internet companies, Zip Car, Drive Mint or even Connect By Hertz you could rent a car of your desires for a great rates. Each of those dot com hourly car leases can save you a bundle. Think about it.
- Did you guess already the featured item for my pal’s wedding was the dress? Well, in case you did you would have been correct. The bride wore, what appeared to be precious metal. In actuality, the dress was a water piping lace with a light pink undergarment that peeked through, which produced the dress upon entrance and even because she continued to walk over the aisle appear to be molten liquid precious metal. She was drummed in. Of course, the bride is usually the middle piece of most weddings, but as the saying goes in the theater, people were whistling the dress the rest of the evening, especially considering that she was able to match the dress using a cape, that was already in the girl closet.
- Transportation – Getting to and sometimes from the marriage ceremony can be challenging when it comes to keeping expenses down, but with these suggestions you may be home free.
Tux Rental $56
Limo/Catering $375/$625 = $1000
Special added catering $0 Wedding present from Mother-in-Law
Professional Photographer $400 regarding 5 hours – childhood buddy of groom
Video $0 Best Man’s gift
Ceremony/Minister $800 Christ Chapel Riverside Church
Flowers $375 from Flower wholesaler
Reception rental and 2 cases associated with champagne $1251
DJ $250 – four. 5 hours
Printer $68 printing themed wedding invitations & thank you notes
Papers Invitations, Envelopes, (Inner/Outer) Thank You Notes/Envelopes $82
Save-the-Date magnets $16
Miscellaneous Favors, candles, materials, silk rose petals, disposable digital cameras, decorative Chinese boxes, & cells paper $350
Honeymoon Cruise & bonuses $1391
Our total expenditures in 2005 Wedding/Honeymoon $7400
- Car Rental for the weekend break: Go Green with http://www.ConnectbyHertz.com $160. 33/weekend day whether it is for six hours or 24 hours. Go with the 24 since you can use this for those last minutes things that show up before the wedding. That is for a good Fortwo, talk about making an entry. Keep in mind with Hertz you can pick the car up from one location and drop this off somewhere else, as long as they have a great deal. That could save you some time. For example: pick up at a Hertz on the higher west side and drop this off at one of their resort locations especially if you’re not going away for your honeymoon right away..
- Car leasing for the 3-day weekend from Speedy-Rent-A-Car $205. 00
- Rental from Zipcar. com or DriveMint. com are usually by the hour from $11. 00 : $17. 00 for the weekend according to the car. A Scion Xb or even smart Fortwo on the low finish hourly or a Mercedes on the top quality hourly at DriveMint. com
- Or offer relatives and friends a few dollars, depending on your budget, to chauffeur you and your wedding party around for a couple of hrs.
- What if you want to have your wedding crafted, it is still possible to do it financially in a big city, whether it is in New York City or Chicago, or even Boston, you just need a bit of genius to stay within your budget. If you’re the curious detailed oriented person such as I am, then you’ll decide this is the enjoyable part, the chase or the trip to end that you really want. It is really the magic part about the entire wedding ceremony, I think, because you are at the phase where you are shaping the outcome of the day. It will take patience and possibly legwork, to find out just what you might be getting for the day associated with event, but the hunt (for the particular guys) is on and it could be a great deal of fun. Here are a couple of tips:
- Decide on the kind of wedding and plan your food appropriately. Such as casual, spiffy-casual, or even formal, (usually sit down) While casual and spiffy-casual may come extremely close to looking like the same thing, they really are very different when it comes to food. I have observed casually catered events start as little as $12. 95 per person or simply under $1200 for 85 individuals. This is strict buffet design, no seating provided, but stand-up cocktail tables in various areas with food arrangements on them together with some passed appetizers, as well.
- My friend’s wedding although it a new very high-church of various cultures really feel to it had a casual reception, considering that all the guests were expected to provide something. With her committee associated with ‘wedding corralling ladies’, the visitors with each acceptance of the invites was then asked what had been they bringing. By doing it this way my friend saved all sorts of money and also had leftovers. Wedding party compensated nothing, zero, zip, for that banquet. Their reception had everything from party foods to desserts including rum tennis balls, (YUM! ). Some of us had been getting high just smelling the particular rum balls, additionally there was a fruit bowl.
- Another informal reception could be to have a stand close to party with a huge sandwich or even various pizzas or have your new mother-in-law make something for the crowd. You can probably strike up a deal with your preferred pizza store once you pass 10 pizzas. Figure at 3 pieces per guest and you’ve got this made. For instance, a pizzas usually has 12 slices as well as for 80 guests, you’d have to have 20 pies feeding each person 3 pieces each. My neighborhood pizza shop sells a large pie for $16 each, but if I ordered 20 pies for 85 guests, our budget for food would be at close to $350. Even as much as $350, you have to give your guests something to clean down the pizzas.
- For a lot more organic less oil, use wholegrain flat breads; American or Italian version with different toppings, as your beginner rather than bread and cheese.
- Perhaps as I did you can get a mixture price with another feature from the wedding. My limousine company maintained a caterer and so I got a mixture price. Plus, my new mother-in-law, made something special in big quantities for her son. We experienced 85 guests and our complete with the 4-hour use of the limousine plus caterer was $625. My brand new mother-in-law’s food was gratis. Ours was a casual formal of types. It was buffet style along with seating.
- The formal caterer or sit down with service is how you’ll have to weigh your options on how a lot is too much. These types frequently run as low as $27 per individual and up into the thousands. If if you’re trying to do a wedding for under $10, 000, as I am advocating after that you’re probably priced out of this marketplace unless you can strike a cope with one of your favorite restaurants. Perhaps Carmine’s, in which the food is served family-style, but everyone is sitting. This might be a possibility. My friends took me presently there for graduation and we ordered 1 full meal and had left overs for two additional people.
- If using Carmine’s works for you, I am gambling that it can work for your budget too. Think about it, a main dish for any meal is $21 – 25, which easily feeds 5 : 6 people. If you have 12 tables of 8 could be pricey, but your guests will be complete and have potential doggy bags to consider home. Roughly your pricing can still be under $1000, even with digging in salad, garlic bread and treat. YUM! A pure feast in order to behold.
- Decorations is another product that can run into lots of pennies. In this instance, I am talking about the blossoms for the bride and the wedding party as well as the extras for the reception to make it wedding ceremony theme oriented. The extras can include tulle and floating or even almost infinite ideas as motifs or table decorations of some type. Here are few of my favorites along with pricing of the day:
- Check some of the websites that sell pre-made blossoms and you’re good to go. Flower preparations start as low as $29. 95 plus go $79. 95 for our reasons. Flowers can, of course go into the 100s from these websites and upward if you are using a florists.
- To reduce cost further, the bride plus matron/maid of honor could be the just people to carry flowers and then the rest could be decorated at the ceremony place with tulle or aisle candle lights.
- At the reception place, the theme could be carried additional with floating candles on the furniture as centerpieces instead of flowers. If, like we did, you have a water fountain, add some floating candles, larger than the particular table candles, to it and call it up a day. Candles at the reception place could run you a whopping $100 to start unless you want or have the half an acre to beautify.
- Add some special sweets or other cheery items for that table; M&M’s or Jordan Almonds or Junior mints. We proceeded to go with special made-to-order M&M’s. I purchased 3 bags and that was just about all I needed, at $11 for each bag, it was a steal. And you get to choose your colors to allow them to coordinate with your wedding colors. Pretty cool, I think and inexpensive, as well.
- Don’t forget those throw away cameras, so your guests can click some fun pictures as well. Check out various websites and you could possibly get 9 cameras all regarding $35, just like I did.
So, it is possible with a bit of ingenuity, verve, plus flair. Dreamers can.